No one knew it was going to be an eventful night.
We had dinner together, which was different from what we were used to.
Mom wanted to restore the formal routine, so she instructed us to be present at the dinner table at 7, and the lockdown had been extended, and there was no hope of eating out anytime soon. We had dinner, watched some TV, then went to bed. At around midnight, we were woken up by a large bang. At first, we were scared it was a gas explosion, but it wasn’t. The A/C unit had blown up, causing all of us to run in panic. Dad went to check and found the outdoor HVAC unit in pieces, our neighbours called to find out the cause of the explosion since they were elderly and couldn’t come over. Mom informed them our heating and a/c system had blown up. We didn’t have a choice but to call the HVAC company for assistance, and it was late at night and too cold to spend the time without any heating. Dad informed the specialists over the phone what had happened and instructed them to come with a new quality heating and cooling system. The A/C experts got to the house a little while later and took apart the remaining bits of the faulty A/C system. They checked it and found out there was a problem with the electrical system which had resulted in the big bang. The A/C experts went to work setting up the new AC, which would save us from the cold winter. This would cost our parents more money, but we were lucky enough to get such speedy service from the heating and a/c service supplier. They inspected the electrical wiring of the new unit before turning it on to warm our home.