No one knew it was going to be an eventful night, we had dinner together, which was different from what we were used to, however mom wanted to restore the formal routine, so she instructed us to be present at the dinner table at 7.
The lockdown had been extended, and there was no hope of eating out anytime soon.
We all had dinner, watched some TV, then went to bed; At around midnight, we were woken up by a big bang. At first, we were scared it was a gas explosion, but it wasn’t. The AC unit had blown up, causing all of us to run in panic. Dad went to check and found the outdoor heating and air conditioning machine in pieces. Our neighbours called to find out the cause of the explosion since they were elderly and couldn’t come over. Mom informed them our HVAC unit had blown up. We didn’t have a choice but to call the heating and a/c maintenance supplier for assistance, and it was late at night but too cold to spend the time without heating. Dad informed the workers over the phone what had happened and instructed them to come with a new quality heating and air conditioning unit. The A/C experts got to the new home a little while later and took apart the remaining bits of the faulty AC system. They checked it and found out there was a problem with the electrical system which had resulted in the big bang. The AC experts went to work setting up the new AC, which would save us from the harsh winter. This would cost our parents more money, but we were lucky enough to get such speedy maintenance from the heating and air conditioning repair business. They checked the electrical wiring of the new machine before turning it on to warm our home.