She was concerned because she had never smelled that smell before.
Our next door neighbors have been living in their house for the last 45 years. They have a furnace in their basement that is super old and super scary looking. I have been down in their basement numerous times over the years to help out with moving things or finding stuff for community barbeques. Let me tell you, I think that I would have a hard time sleeping in that house knowing that their scary looking furnace system was lurking around down there in the basement! It’s that bad. Anyway, the other night, the neighbors ended up having a really scary incident with that old furnace system that actually had nothing at all to do with how scary the furnace system actually looked. Instead, it had to do with the fact that the furnace was so old that it malfunctioned and parts of the furnace casing started to melt down! My neighbor told us that she woke up and smelled a strange burning smell coming through the heating vents in their bedroom. She was concerned because she had never smelled that smell before. She ended up going down into the basement to check on the furnace unit and that’s when she saw that it looked like the furnace was somehow melting! She raced up the stairs, woke up her husband, and called the fire department. They were able to contain the problem before the house caught on fire, but the whole thing was really scary. Now, they have a new furnace system that their HVAC company installed and it is much newer and safer.
ductless multi split