No one knew it was going to be an eventful evening.
We had dinner together, which was different from what the two of us were used to, but Mom wanted to restore the formal routine, so she instructed us to be ready at the dinner table at 7, the lockdown had been extended, and there was no hope of eating out anytime soon.
We had dinner, watched some TV, then went to bed. At around midnight, we were woken up by a loud bang. At first, we were scared it was a gas explosion, but it wasn’t. The A/C system had blown up, causing all of us to run in panic. Dad went to check and found the outdoor heating and air conditioning unit in pieces, our neighbours called to find out the cause of the explosion since they were elderly and couldn’t come over. Dad informed them our heating and air conditioning unit had blown up. We didn’t have a choice but to call the heating and air conditioning maintenance company for assistance. It was late at night but too cold to spend the time without proper heating. Dad informed the professionals over the phone what had happened and instructed them to come with a new quality heating and air conditioning. The Ac experts got to the house a little while later and took apart the remaining bits of the faulty A/C system. They checked it and found out there was a problem with the electrical system which had resulted in the big bang. The A/C experts went to work setting up the new AC, which would save us from enduring the cold winter. This would cost our parents more money, but we were fortunate enough to get such speedy maintenance from the heating and air conditioning repair company. They checked the electrical wiring of the new unit before turning it on to warm our home.