I woke up to the odor of smoke in my home office.
I lived alone in my house, so I knew there wasn’t anyone smoking.
I inspected the bathroom to make sure I hadn’t left the curling iron turned on. I went to the study room to see if there was something there that could have been left on. I ended up going back to my home office because that was where I odored the smoke the strongest. I headed over to the bed, as well as I realized the odor was coming from the air vents. I got down on the floor as well as was close to the air vent. I couldn’t see any smoke, but there was absolutely the odor of something burning coming from the air vent. I called the Heating & A/C corporation as well as told them I could odor smoke as well as they said they would send someone out to the house. Fifteen minutes later, I not only had the Heating & A/C corporation at the house, despite the fact that I had a fire truck outside. The Heating & A/C tech told myself and others they called the fire corporation in case there was a fire inside the chimney. They went into the basement as well as inspected the oil furnace as well as inspected to make sure there were no sizzling spots on the HVAC duct. They even went outside to look at the air conditioning unit, in case someone had dropped a cigarette near it as well as the grass caught on fire. The only thing they found was that the buddy was burning leaves. They found a crack in the HVAC duct where the smoke was coming through as well as it was being carried through the HVAC duct as well as up to the air vent. I felt so foolish having a fire truck as well as a Heating & A/C service van in my driveway, because of the neighbor’s leaves.